Change Mac desktop app settings
Change notification, general (automatically check for updates), chat, password, voicemail PIN, and language settings in the Mac desktop app in Preferences. See Download the desktop app to get the free application.
Some features are not available to or not compatible with customers who subscribe to Genesys Cloud workforce engagement from another Genesys platform. For more information, see Workforce Engagement for PureConnect and Genesys Engage users.
Best practice recommends that users from another platform do not change their presence.
The following features are not available to users from another platform:
- Set your status
- Select your phone
- Forward your calls
- On queue and off queue
- Choose queues to work (agents)
- Set out of office status
- Password preferences
To access User Settings, from the sidebar, click your profile picture. Then click Preferences.
Alternatively, you can also access Preferences from the desktop app menu in the navigation bar. Click Genesys Cloud, then click Preferences.
Change the appropriate setting in one of the Preferences tabs.
You can test and adjust sound levels for input and output devices. From Preferences, click Sound.
To adjust and test your Sound preferences, do the following:
- From the device list, select the device you want to adjust.
- Move the slider to adjust the volume levels for these settings:
- Call Volume: The volume level for the incoming voice on a WebRTC call.
- Phone Ringer Volume: The volume level for incoming phone call alerts.
- Chat Notification Volume: The volume level for incoming chat alerts.
- Interaction Notification Volume: The volume level for agents’ incoming interaction alerts.
- To test the volume levels for each setting, click .Note: You can also access your sound preferences in Device Volumes.
Genesys Cloud alerts you to events such as new direct and group chat messages or incoming calls. You can control these notifications.
From Preferences, click the Notifications tab. Change your settings to suit your needs.
|Allow Pop-up Notifications||
Choose whether you receive desktop notifications.
|Show Pop-up Notifications for Group Chats||
Choose whether you receive notifications about new group chat messages. Direct messages and mentions in group chat rooms always create notifications, even if you hide all group chat notifications.
Note: To see the Show Pop-up Notifications for Group Chats option, first select the Allow Pop-up Notifications checkbox. If you do not enable Allow Pop-up Notifications, then you do not receive group chat notifications.
|Play Sound||Choose whether notifications produce a sound. If you do not enable Allow Pop-up notifications, sounds do not play for messages even if you select Play Sounds.|
|Sound to Play||If you chose to play sounds for notifications, you can choose the sound you prefer to hear.|
|Bounce Dock Icon||
Choose whether and how you want the Genesys Cloud app icon to bounce in the dock when you receive a new message. If you set the dock icon to bounce, it bounces even if you have not selected Enable Desktop Notifications.
Change the default settings for automatic checking for desktop app updates.
From Preferences, click the General tab. Change the settings to suit your needs.
|Automatically check for desktop application updates||
To have Genesys Cloud automatically check for Mac desktop app updates, select the checkbox.
You can change how chats and the chat roster appear.
From Preferences, click Chat tab. You can also access chat preferences from the chat panel.
Choose the order Genesys Cloud lists chat rooms in the chat roster.
Choose how media, such as images, social media, and videos, appear in your chats.
For more information about images and media in chats, see Send media and files in a chat.
Choose the amount of spacing between chat room names in the chat roster.
When using the /giphy chat command, choose how you want the gif selection to appear.
To change your password:
- From Preferences, click the Password tab.
- To reset your password, complete the three fields. As you type the new password, Genesys Cloud prompts you with suggested changes to meet the requirements. The default password requirements are as follows:
- The minimum length is eight characters.
- Passwords must contain at least one number, one special character, one uppercase letter, and one lowercase letter.
- The maximum length for a password is 400 characters.Note: Your administrator may have established different minimum and maximum requirements for your organization.
When you have completed the fields, click Change Password.Note: If your new password doesn’t fit your organization’s minimum and maximum requirements, you receive a message with suggested changes to meet the requirements.
- The next time you log in to Genesys Cloud, use your new password.
Use your voicemail PIN to access your voicemail from your phone when you are not logged into Genesys Cloud.
- From Preferences, click the Voicemail PIN tab.
- Enter your new PIN in the fields and click Change PIN.
Select your preferred language. Genesys Cloud updates with the language you selected.
- From Preferences, click the Language tab.
- Click your preferred language.
- Click Apply and reload.