Change browser app settings
Change notification, chat, password, voicemail PIN, and language settings in the web browser app via Preferences.
To access user settings, click your profile picture from the sidebar; then click Preferences.
Change the appropriate setting in one of the Preferences tabs.
PureCloud alerts you to events such as new direct and group chat messages or incoming calls. You can control these notifications.
To change your notification settings, from Preferences, click Notifications.
|Allow Pop-up Notifications||
Choose to receive notifications on your desktop.
To see how and where notifications display, click Send test notification.
|Show Pop-up Notifications for Group Chats.||
Choose whether to receive notifications about new group chat messages. Direct messages and mentions in group chat rooms always create a notification, even if you have hidden all group chat notifications.
Note: To see the Show Pop-up Notifications for Group Chats option, first click Allow Pop-up Notifications. If you do not click Allow Pop-up Notifications, then you do not receive group chat notifications.
- Internet Explorer does not support notifications.
- Chrome, Firefox, and Safari support text-only notifications (no emojis in the pop-ups).
You can change how chats and the chat roster appear.
From Preferences, click the Chat tab. You can also access chat preferences from the chat panel.
Choose how chat rooms appear in the chat roster.
Choose whether new chats produce a sound.
Choose how media, such as images, social media, and videos, display in your chats.
For more information about images and media in chats, see Send media and files in a chat.
Choose the amount of spacing between chat room names in the chat roster.
When using the /giphy chat command, choose how you want the gif selection to appear.
To change your password:
- From Preferences, click the Password tab.
- To reset your password, complete the three fields. As you type the new password, PureCloud prompts you with suggested changes to meet the requirements. The default password requirements are as follows:
- The minimum length is eight characters.
- Passwords must contain at least one number, one special character, one uppercase letter, and one lowercase letter.
- The maximum length for a password is 400 characters.Note: Your administrator may have established different minimum and maximum requirements for your organization.
When you have completed the fields, click Change Password.Note: If your new password doesn’t fit your organization’s minimum and maximum requirements, you receive a message with suggested changes to meet the requirements.
- The next time you log in to PureCloud, use your new password.
Use your voicemail PIN to access your voicemail from your phone when you are not logged in.
- From Preferences, click the Voicemail PIN tab.
- Enter your new PIN in the fields and click Change PIN.
Select your preferred language. PureCloud updates with your language selection.
- From Preferences, click the Language tab.
- Click your preferred language.
- Click Apply and reload.