Add a short-term forecast
You can select a week to forecast up to 26 weeks before or after the current week.
- The automatic best method selection forecasting method uses best practices, outlier detection, mathematical fixes for missing data, and advanced time-series forecasting techniques to develop individual forecasts with the lowest possible error. Unlike the weighted historical index method, the automated best method selection option uses all available historical data.
- When you choose to import historical data:
- You can select a file to import, rather than use the system’s historical data.
- The system allows up to eight source days, for example, up to eight historical Mondays for the forecast Monday.
- Using this method, the system maps imported data as source days for the forecast days. As a result, it becomes a weighted historical data option. The only difference between the import data method and the weighted historical index method is where the system obtains the data for the source data days.
- For information about using short-term forecasts in schedules, see Generate a load-based schedule.
To create a short-term forecast, perform the following steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Short-Term Forecasts.
- In the upper right corner, click the Business Unit list and select the desired management unit.
- To change the time zone in which you view data, in the upper right corner select the current time zone list. Note: By default, the view uses the management unit’s time zone.
- Click Add . The Add Short-Term Forecast page opens.
- At the end of the Forecast Start Week box, click the calendar and then click to highlight a week for the short-term forecast. Note: To display a future or previous date, click the arrows next to the month and year or use the month and year lists.
- In the Number Of Weeks box, select from 1 to 6 weeks. Note: Different creation methods support different number of weeks:
- Automatic Best Method Selection and Import Forecast support forecasts up to 6 weeks.
- Weighted Historical Index and Weighted Historical Index with Source Data Import support forecasts that are 1 week long.
- In the Description box, optionally include information to differentiate it from other forecasts for the same week.
- Under Creation Method, do one of the following:
- To automatically create the forecast using the best method, select Automatic best method selection.
- To create the forecast using previously captured historical PureCloud data and specifying a historical index weighting, select Weighted Historical Index.
- To create the forecast using data from a .csv file, and specifying a historical index weighting, select Weighted Historical Index with Source Data Import.
- To import a final forecast that you created externally, select Import Forecast and then select the .csv file to import. Note: When you use the Import Forecast option, all data in the file must fall with in the forecast duration period. Otherwise, the system returns an error.
- Click Add Short-Term Forecast. The short-term forecast opens.