Add a short-term forecast
You can select a week to forecast up to 26 weeks before or after the current week.
- The automatic best method selection forecasting method uses best practices, outlier detection, mathematical fixes for missing data, and advanced time-series forecasting techniques to develop individual forecasts with the lowest possible error. Unlike the weighted historical index method, the automated best method selection option uses all available historical data.
- When you choose to import historical data:
- You can select a file to import, rather than use the system’s historical data.
- The system allows up to eight source days, for example, up to eight historical Mondays for the forecast Monday.
- Using this method, the system maps imported data as source days for the forecast days. As a result, it becomes a weighted historical data option. The only difference between the import data method and the weighted historical index method is where the system obtains the data for the source data days.
To create a short-term forcast, perform the following steps:
- Click Admin.
- Under Workforce Management, click Short-Term Forecasts.
- In the upper right corner, click the Management Unit list and select the desired management unit.
- To change the time zone in which you view data, in the upper right corner select the current time zone list. Note: By default, the view uses the management unit’s time zone.
- Click Add . The Add Short-Term Forecast page opens.
- At the end of the Forecast Week box, click the calendar and then click to highlight a week for the short-term forecast. Note: To display a future or previous date, click the arrows next to the month and year or use the month and year lists.
- In the Description box, optionally include information to differentiate it from other forecasts for the same week.
- Under Creation Method, do one of the following:
- To automatically create the forecast using the best method, select Automatic best method selection.
- To create the forecast using previously captured historical PureCloud data and specifying a historical index weighting, select Weighted Historical Index.
- To import forecast data from a .csv file, select Import Data and then select the file to import.
- Click Add Short-Term Forecast. The short-term forecast opens.