Accept terms and conditions (DID numbers)
- PureCloud Voice Admin role
When you purchase DID phone numbers for PureCloud Voice, first find phone numbers to purchase, then review and sign the terms and conditions. The terms and conditions document exists in DocuSign, but you do not need to have a DocuSign account to sign the agreement.
Review the advisory carefully and then provide your electronic signature to acknowledged that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions.
Of particular note in this agreement are the following:
Provisioning: You associate a valid physical address with the purchased phone numbers.
Dialing emergency services: In the event of an emergency, the emergency responder requires the caller to provide the address and exact location in the premises.
User Notification and Warning Labels: Affix the provided labels to every device connected to PureCloud Voice Services.
- The PureCloud system stores your electronically signed Terms and Conditions document for regulatory purposes. You can find unsigned copies of these documents in the PureCloud Voice emergency dialing terms and conditions article.
- You can find the downloadable labels along with detailed instruction for printing and affixing them in the article: Emergency services warning labels for PureCloud Voice services equipment.
- If the I agree to use Electronic Records and Signature Disclosure check box appears, then select it.
- Click Continue.
- Read through the document.
- Click Next.
The document jumps to a line that requires a signature.
- Click Sign.
- If this is the first time you are signing a DocuSign document, then a separate dialog box prompts you to Adopt Your Signature by typing your Full Name and Initials.
Optionally, you can change the font that DocuSign uses for the electronic representation of your signature and initials by clicking Change Style.
- Click Adopt and Sign.
- After you click all instances of Sign in the document, click Finish.