Synchronization of people data overview
The Bridge Server can synchronize information between PureCloud user profiles and your data systems using a series of plug-ins, or connectors. You can configure the connectors to specify which information should be copied and in which direction on a field-by-field basis.
- Synchronize name, title, department, manager, work phone, and work email using the Active Directory Connector.
- Synchronize group membership with email distribution lists using the Microsoft Exchange Connector.
- Synchronize security badge ID numbers using the SQL Database Connector.
- Synchronize date of hire, employee ID number, and emergency contacts using the Workday Connector.
Profile field mapping
The Bridge Server connects fields in Collaborate to fields in your database and can copy data in any direction. A data sync connector will have a default configuration, but you can change the synchronization per field. For each item of data, you can decide where the definitive source should be. Your choices are:
- Continue to be the source. For data that you continue to maintain in your data center, any changes you make in your data system will be copied to PureCloud and will override changes made on the Collaborate side.
- Let PureCloud be the source. For data that PureCloud maintains, Collaborate users make changes to their profiles that copy to your data systems. This lets users be the source of their latest information.
- Let both be the source. When data is set for bidirectional synchronization, both your system and Collaborate will copy data to each other so that updates can be made in either place. Choose one data source to be the winner in the event that data changes in both sources simultaneously.
In the diagram below, some items of data, such as title and manager, are maintained in the customer data center whereas other data, such as personal email and address, is maintained by Collaborate users.
See Create a profile field synchronization scheme for more information.
The Bridge Server can also keep your systems synchronized with each other. Human Resources has one email address for an employee while Active Directory has another. The Bridge Server brings systems into alignment and designates the definitive source for each item of data.